Thursday, July 24, 2008

I was just thinking


The other evening I was on my way to church. I was driving and Samuel was with me. We were late, as we most always are. For some reason, when exiting the freeway here, a driver isn't supposed to turn right on red at the end of the ramp. (I must admit, I didn't notice the sign until we had lived here for a few months...oops!) But as I was waiting at this silly light for cars to come by that weren't even there, I was forced to just stop for a minute and notice the world around me. This particular evening there was the most beautiful sunset and it was just begging my attention as we waited at this red light. It was like I was smacked in the face with the idea that God created such a beautiful place for us to live. I quickly tried to remember the last time I had noticed such a sunset and am disappointed to admit, I couldn't. Can you remember the last time you enjoyed one of God's beautiful creations with your loved ones? I hope you relive that experience soon and not have to be jolted into the realization like I was. Paper and work will always be there but the moment to share God's blessings pass all too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP